The departmental program review is a collaborative process that enhances the mission of Student Life by providing opportunities for departments to assess, share, and improve their impact, services, and quality of work. Each program review is an opportunity for the department to take a comprehensive and critical look at the unit, to clearly state and evaluate strengths and weaknesses. This process includes inviting an external review team from peer institutions to participate in an on-site visit where the review team holds interviews with various stakeholders that work closely with the department under review. “Program review is one of the most valuable and insightful exercises that will guide offices in their strategic planning over the next 5-7 years,” says Melissa Brown, director of Assessment and Strategic Initiatives.
This process empowers departments within Student Life to think critically about their work and its impact on the student experience at UT in an effort to continually improve our campus and community. Below are the three departments will be participating in program reviews this semester and their program evaluators:
Center for Career Development, November 3-5
- Sam Ratcliffe, Consultant, Retired Director of Career Services at Virginia Military Institute
- Neil Burton, Executive Director, Center for Career and Professional Development, Clemson University
- Ja’Net Glover, Senior Director, Career Connections Center, University of Florida
Office of Sorority and Fraternity Life, November 10-12
- Dan Bureau, Associate Vice President of Student Affairs, The University of Memphis
- Veronica Hunter Moore, Director of Educational Programs, Delta Upsilon International Fraternity
- Shelly Brown Dobek, Director of Fraternity and Sorority Life, North Carolina State University
Multicultural Student Life, November 17-19
- J. Woods, Associate Vice President & Chief of Staff, Texas A&M University
- Iris Outlaw, Director of Multicultural Student Program and Services, University of Notre Dame
- Miguel Hernandez, Associate Director of Center for Leadership & Social Change, Florida State University
Information on attending program review sessions will be available in the coming weeks.