It’s football season in Tennessee! The first home game of the fall 2020 season is just a few days away, and UT will welcome fans to Rocky Top to cheer on the Vols. The university has announced important updates to the game-day experience. With your help, we can continue to keep our campus safe and healthy.
The Vols will face the University of Missouri Tigers at noon EDT Saturday, October 3, in Neyland Stadium. The game will air on the SEC Network.
This fall, the number of fans in Neyland stadium will be limited to keep everyone’s health and safety a priority. This means that eligible students may request up to approximately 2,700 football tickets per home game. Students may request to purchase tickets for the student section by visiting the Big Orange Tix website.
Before the game:
- Parking lots will open four hours before kickoff.
- The Vol Walk and the Pride of the Southland Band march will not take place. The Toyota Volunteer Village, located in the Humanities Plaza, will offer activities for fans attending the game.
- The Kick-Off Call-In Show broadcast stage near the Gate 21 plaza and amphitheater also will be absent this season, with the broadcast continuing to be available for listeners via the Vol Radio Network.
- Students must adhere to all campus safety guidelines, including social distancing and wearing face coverings except when eating or drinking.
- Students participating in the game-day experience are asked to perform a health self-screen and stay home if they feel sick or may have been exposed to COVID-19.
- University-sponsored tailgates will not occur this year, but fans can bring a tent as large as 10 feet by 10 feet. The tent can be set up four hours before kickoff and must not block parking spaces or vehicle traffic within a parking area. Tents larger than 10×10 pop-ups are prohibited.
- Gatherings must only include current UTK students. Gatherings are limited to a max of 10 people at any given time who practice appropriate social distancing and wear face coverings.
- Alcohol is not permitted.
During the game:
- Student entry to Neyland Stadium will be through Gate 4 only. All gates will be open for exiting the stadium after the game has ended.
- Students must stay in their assigned seat location. Please keep a screenshot or a printed ticket with you to confirm your seat assignment upon request.
- Masks are required for all fans as they enter, exit, and move around in the stadium. Fans can pull down their masks when eating or drinking but otherwise must keep their nose and mouth covered and should maintain social distancing by staying in their assigned space. Face shields are allowed but cannot be used in place of a mask.
- Stay hydrated! You may bring one factory-sealed clear water bottle to the game.
- If you are sick, stay home. You may submit a request for a refund by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plexiglass screens have been installed at all concession stands, and hand sanitizer dispensers are available throughout the stadium. Anyone attempting to enter the stadium with alcohol will be denied entry.
Stadium staff will go through a health screening before entering the stadium.
Because of reduced seating capacity and the absence of university-sponsored tailgating, restrooms in Thompson-Boling Arena will not be open to the public. Restrooms in the Student Union will be open to the public, and portable toilets will be available.
Smoking is prohibited at UT, including within private vehicles parked or operated on university property. The prohibition extends to any lighted tobacco, electronic cigarettes, or other vape devices.
As required by the SEC, fans are allowed to bring to the stadium one clear plastic bag no larger than 12 inches by 6 inches by 12 inches or a one-gallon clear resealable plastic storage bag. They also will be allowed a small clutch purse not to exceed 4.5 inches by 6.5 inches.
Fans interested in purchasing an approved clear bag should visit the Official Team Store at Neyland Stadium; VolShop locations in the Student Union, at the corner of Cumberland Avenue and 17th Street, and in University Commons; and other area retailers.
No other bags will be allowed inside the stadium. All items are subject to search at the gates.
Other prohibited items:
- Artificial noisemakers
- Open umbrellas
- Outside food, snacks, and beverages
- Radios without headphones
- Video cameras, professional cameras, and cameras with detachable lenses
- Stadium seats with arms or side pockets
- Selfie sticks
- Weapons of any kind, including pocket knives
No items can be stored or left at the gates. Fans can bring the following items inside the stadium, subject to search at the gates:
- Cushions or seats without arms or side pockets
- Small cameras, binoculars, and mobile phones
- Small bags with medically necessary items (Note: Diapers and non-medically necessary items for babies and young children must be carried in a clear bag.)
For more information, read the clear bag and prohibited items policy.
Suspicious activity can be reported to UT Police at 865-974-3114.