Student Life is offering hundreds of opportunities to engage both virtually and in-person. We are finding new ways to connect with students every day, and we want to make sure that our efforts are visible and shared with the Volunteer Community!
Here are three ways you can help maximize your event:
1. Maximize calendar.utk.edu
calendar.utk.edu is UT’s primary event calendar, and anyone can submit on behalf of an office or department! In addition to the main calendar.utk.edu calendar feed, there are several specific channels to check out and share with students:
- Student Life calendar channel: This channel automatically imports all events offered by Student Life.
- Health & Wellness calendar channel: this channel automatically imports events from offices that focus on health and wellness initiatives
- Virtual Programs & Events calendar channel: This channel includes all events that have been tagged using the Virtual Programs & Events tag. This channel is really helpful for students who are in isolation or quarantine.
Instructions to add a tag:
- Visit calendar.utk.edu
- In the top right, click “Log In” and use your NetID and Password to log in to the calendar.
- On the right side of the screen click “Submit an Event.”
- Using the form provided, complete all required fields and any additional fields you can complete. Required fields are:
- Event Name
- Description – At the end of your event submission include a note that this should be tagged as Virtual Programs & Events.
- Start Date – You can have events occur at multiple dates/times. As you add dates to your event, be sure to click “Add Above to Schedule” even if your event only has a single occurrence.
- Contact Name
- Contact Email
- It is recommended that you complete as many fields as possible. It is required to include a specific event location or a Zoom Link for your event.
- Click “Add Event” to submit your event for approval.
2. Utilize the Vol Life app
If you want to include your event on the Vol Life app, make sure to confirm that your event hasn’t already been added! If it hasn’t, email all event details to Kerri Lovegrove at email@example.com. Make sure to include your event photo/graphic if you have one!
3. Share with the Volunteer community!
On social media, make sure to tag @StudentLife and @UTKnoxville. Student Life will share almost anything that we are tagged in, and @UTKnoxville will share as they are able!
Finally, another free way to promote your programs and events is to share posters on digital signs on campus. Check out this handy resource with contact information and size specifications!