Student Life Campus Update

Colleagues,

I am writing to share the bittersweet news that that Associate Vice Chancellor of Student Life and Dean of Students Shea Kidd Brown has accepted a position as the vice president for campus life at Wake Forest University. She will begin her new role in January. While I am saddened that Dean Shea is leaving Rocky Top, I am grateful for her significant impact on our campus. I am delighted for the opportunity ahead of her and I know that you join me in congratulating her on this wonderful new leadership role.

Dean Shea joined our team in 2018, and she has had an extraordinary impact on the Volunteer community. Her leadership led to the development of critical campus resources, including but not limited to the naming of the Jones Center for Leadership & Service, the creation of the Big Orange Pantry, and the development of a comprehensive care and resiliency team. In addition, her commitment to mattering and belonging culminated in the Vol is a Verb campaign, redefining what it means to be a Volunteer.

In her role at UT, Dr. Kidd Brown provided leadership for the Jones Center for Leadership & Service, the Center for Student Engagement, Multicultural Student Life, the Pride Center, Sorority & Fraternity Life, and Student Media. In addition, her office oversees bias education, family engagement, care and resilience resources, outreach initiatives, and advises the Student Government Association.

Please join me in congratulating Shea on this exciting next step in her career. We hope you will join us for a campus-wide celebration in January to show our appreciation for Dean Shea and the positive impact she has had on our campus. We will announce details after the holiday break.

Frank Cuevas
Vice Chancellor for Student Life