Center for Student Engagement
Number of Vacancies: 2
Department Website: go.utk.edu
Department Mission Statement: The Center for Student Engagement creates inclusive and innovative opportunities for students to build connections and create community through meaningful involvement, personal development, and co-curricular learning to enhance their Volunteer experience.
- Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s Degree at the time of employment and must be in or be able to matriculate into a graduate program at the University of Tennessee.
- Applicants must have demonstrated successful and significant involvement in comparable leadership experiences. Prior experience assisting with major events is preferred.
- Candidates should possess the maturity, leadership, and personal qualities that will promote success in the profession.
- Applicants must be able to relate well to people in a college environment, possess an impeccable work ethic, have a positive attitude, be organized and have excellent communication skills, and maintain appropriate professionalism with students.
- Position will report to the Coordinator for Student Programming.
- Position involves frequent work in the evenings and weekends.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Position will advise a committee of the Campus Events Board, the major student activities programming organization at The University of Tennessee. Programming differs per committee, but events could include late-night and weekend programming, comedians, hypnotists, performance groups, cultural events, speakers, and concerts. Each committee is approximately 25-35 students at any given time.
- Position will be responsible for assisting students in the planning, production, and evaluation of programs.
- Position will be responsible for the sound management of a Student Programs and Services Fee (SPSF) budget account and fulfilling contractual/rider requirements for all performers.
- Position will assist with planning Welcome Week events, presenting during Summer Orientation and to First Year Studies classes to educate students on upcoming program opportunities, and other duties as assigned.
- Position will be responsible for advising student leaders on coordinating weekly meetings (1-on-1’s, executive board, and general body), maintaining and motivating members, and coordinating advertising and publicity efforts for various events planned throughout the year.
- Position will be responsible for attending and assisting with planning Campus Events Board retreats for both CEB leadership and general members.
- Position will serve as part of the Center for Student Engagement team by assisting at various “all-hands-on-deck” events and creating staff-run events throughout the year.
- Tuition waiver plus $1,325/month stipend
- Heath insurance
- 20 hours per week; 12-month appointment at-will