Number of Vacancies: 1
Department Website: housing.utk.edu
Department Mission Statement: Our mission is to foster positive, student-centered residential communities supporting the academic mission of the university. We provide a defining experience for students through programs and amenities that facilitate individual learning and development. University Housing’s value and services enhance the overall university student experience.
- Previous residence hall living experience or other student affairs leadership experience
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field preferred
- Admitted into and making positive progress toward a graduate or professional program and enrolled in no more than 12 credit hours
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Assist with the oversight of the University Housing Special Tours program. This includes tour scheduling, publication distribution management, and show room upkeep.
- Assist with the recruitment, training, supervision, and evaluation of tour guides.
- Shadow each staff member on a University Housing tour monthly to ensure growth in public speaking, group management, and distribution of accurate information.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of University Housing recruitment events (Big Orange Preview, Orientation, etc.).
- Supervise marketing outreach programs (tabling, Best Room Competition, Open House, etc.).
- Lead weekly staff and development meetings.
- Assist with the recruitment, training, supervision and evaluation of student content management team.
- Assist with internal communication efforts, including the University Housing newsletter, Living & Learning Community program publications, and residence life programs.
- Oversee project progression, portfolio development, and collaboration among team members.
- Assist with Living & Learning Community recruitment as needed.
- Assist with the management of social media and curation of content (videos, photography, etc.).
- Supervise relationship between content management team members and Graduate Interns for LLCs, URHC, and residence halls to develop content pipelines.
- Manage the Marketing and Communication budget. This includes reviewing purchases with the Associate Director, assist with the planning of event cost needs, and working with the Principal Secretary to ensure proper record keeping.
- Reconcile and update budget spreadsheets on a weekly basis.
- Ensure all budget records relating to marketing & communications are complete and accurate.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with bookkeepers/accountants.
- Ensure marketing and communication expenditures comply with University fiscal policy.
- Schedule and maintain at least 15 office hours per week.
- Complete weekly one-on-one meetings with Associate Director.
- Serve as a copy editor to all University Housing publications.
- Actively attend and participate in departmental meetings and committees as required.
- Assist in the training of Admissions Ambassadors, Orientation Leaders, and other campus partners.
- Assist in recruitment of students and establish presence at all recruitment events, including some weekend events.
- Assist with assessment efforts and data-driven approaches to improving the department marketing and communications strategy.
- $1,325 stipend
- Provided apartment on campus
- Meal Plan
- Fall 2019-Spring 2020 with opportunity for summer employment