The Division of Student Life has a mission to foster the intellectual, cultural, social, and emotional development of students by providing a climate conducive to learning and personal growth, enabling them to become fully productive members of a global community. As such, the division is looking for individuals to be a part of the student life family who can help elevate and enhance that mission through creativity and innovation. Visit UT’s Human Resources website for more information on available positions.
Knoxville offers a perfect blend of small-town Southern charm and big-city opportunities. It is ranked number 61 in the 2017 edition of U.S. News and World Report’s best 100 places to live in the country, confirming what most people in this area have known for a long time.
Benefits of Working in Student Life
- Student-focused working environment
- Access to professional development opportunities
- Commitment to cross-department collaboration
- Access to continued education
- Dedication to creativity and innovation
- Knoxville overview
- Knoxville events calendar
- Knoxville visitors guide
- City maps
- Knoxville Chamber
- Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of East Tennessee
- Knox County Schools
- Knoxville Area Association of Realtors
- Knoxville Apartment Guide
- Child care assistance
- Knoxville arts and culture
- Knoxville Area Transit
For a full list of employee benefits, visit the Human Resources website or call 856-946-8847.
All open positions can be found on the Human Resources website.
- Begin by contacting Human Resources to ensure you have the appropriate qualifications for the selected position
- When applying, make sure you include the following:
- Tailored cover letter
- Professional resume
- Three professional references, one of which is preferably your most recent supervisor
- Contact the search chair and/or hiring manager and express your interest in and qualifications in the position
- Research the department’s mission, structure, and programming (if applicable) before interviewing