Number of Vacancies: 1
Department Website: housing.utk.edu
Separate application: housing.utk.edu/graduate-assistantships/
Department Mission Statement: Our mission is to foster positive, student-centered residential communities supporting the academic mission of the university. We provide a defining experience for students through programs and amenities that facilitate individual learning and development. University Housing’s value and services enhance the overall university student experience.
- The LLC GA will have previous residence hall living experience, or other student affairs leadership experience.
- The GA should be admitted into and be making positive progress toward a graduate or professional program at the University of Tennessee and enrolled in no more than 12 credit hours.
- Graduate students are not permitted to be placed as Gas if student teaching and/or co-ops/internships require a staff member to be off-site for more than 2 days/4half-days/or 16 hours a week during regular business hours (Monday through Friday, 9:00 am-5:00 pm.
- Graduate students are not permitted to be placed as GAs if they are working toward the following academic degrees: Master of Business Administration, Law, School Counseling, Master of Education Teaching, Social Work, Audiology, or Speech Pathology.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
The LLC Graduate Assistant will be responsible for the following duties, completing at least 20 hours per week in direct job-related functions.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of LLC move-in/welcome events.
- Recruit, select, and advise LLC Advisory Council (LLCAC) Ambassadors.
- Lead LLCAC meetings/plan leadership development activities for Ambassadors. At least one meeting/leadership development activity should be held per month.
- Coordinate LLCAC subcommittees and advise subcommittees based on purpose.
- Assist Ambassadors in planning and executing programs offered across all LLCs.
- Collaborate with Coordinator to execute programs planned for LLCs that require additional staff support beyond what may be offered by residence hall and partnering unit.
- Manage the Living & Learning Community programming budget(s). This includes processing reimbursements, processing fund requests, and coordinating relevant subcommittees to approve fund requests when applicable.
- Reconcile budgets for individual LLCs and Academic Initiatives related to LLCs and update budget spreadsheets on a weekly basis.
- Ensure all budget records relating to the LLCs are complete and accurate.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with bookkeepers/accountants.
- Ensure LLC expenditure compliance with University fiscal policy
- Serve as a representative of Academic Initiatives and liaison to academic departments/student life offices/administrative departments.
- Manage LLC media/publications which include social media accounts, an LLC email account, and any other new initiatives from the department.
- Schedule and maintain at least 15 office hours per week.
- Complete weekly one-on-one meetings with COORDINATOR.
- Actively attend and participate in departmental committees as required.
- Assist in the training and development of LLC RAs/LLC Peer Mentors.
- Assist in recruitment of LLC students and make presence at recruitment events.
- Serve as a secondary contact for marketing, enrollment, and registration process for the LLC program.
- Assist with assessment efforts and data-driven approaches to improving the quality of life for LLC students.
- Field questions relating to LLCs from campus partners and others.
Incident Response, As Needed
- Serve on the Residence Life area coverage duty rotation to provide 24-hour on-call support service within the residence halls.
- Support and enforce all university and departmental policies and regulations.
- Be knowledgeable about appropriate policies, procedures, and protocols relating to incident and crisis response.
- Collaborate with University Housing staff, Office of Student Conduct & Community Standards, University Police, and other stakeholders as needed
- Monthly stipend $1,325 (amount subject to change)
- On-campus housing and a meal plan is provided. This is a live-on/live-in position, living on campus in provided housing is required.
- Your tuition is waived and graduate student health insurance is provided as part of your Graduate Assistantship.
- Fall 2021 to Spring 2022