Number of Vacancies: 1
Department Website: studentconduct.utk.edu/
Department Mission Statement: The Office of Student Conduct & Community Standards develops student integrity and accountability through an educational, consistent, and equitable conduct process.
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degree at the time of employment and must be in or able to matriculate into a graduate program at the University of Tennessee
- Candidates must be able to relate well to people in a college environment, possess an impeccable work ethic, have a positive attitude, motivated, possess the ability to develop programs, be organized, have excellent communication skills, ability to work in a collaborative environment, and maintain appropriate professionalism with students.
- Candidates should possess the maturity, leadership, and personal qualities that will provide support for students and confidentiality regarding student records.
- For other University of Tennessee requirements and qualifications, please see the review the Academic Policies and Requirements for Graduate Students.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Investigate and adjudicate minor alleged violations of the Code of Conduct.
- Assist in the investigation of major alleged violations of the Code of Conduct.
- Provide support and resources to students going through the Student Conduct Process.
- Facilitate educational sanctions to students who have been found responsible for violating the Code of Conduct.
- Facilitate probation and developmental meetings.
- Assist in the compilation and presentation of Student Conduct data.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of Student Conduct training for faculty, staff, and students.
- Assist in the marketing of training and events for the office.
- Participate in department initiatives, serve on Committees, and initiate programming and additional responsibilities as needed.
- $1,325/month stipend
- Full tuition waiver
- Graduate Student Health Insurance
- For more details and additional benefits, please see the Academic Policies and Requirements for Graduate Students.
- 20 hours/week, 9 or 12 months depending on student/office needs
- Position involves occasional night (after 5 pm on weekdays) and weekend work.
- Preferred May or June start date