Learn more about eligibility and cost, the attendance policy, and guest tickets.
Eligibility & Cost
Home student basketball tickets are free.
Students must be currently enrolled and have paid the full student programs and services fee to be eligible for the opportunity to attend UT basketball games. Eligible students are not guaranteed a ticket. Students who have not paid the full student programs and services fee but are enrolled in at least 6 hours may opt to pay the full fee to become eligible for the opportunity to attend basketball games.
Seating Assignments & Location
Student seating for basketball is general admission (no assigned seating) and on a first come first served basis.
Seating location—See the Thompson-Boling Arena seating chart for a map of student seating sections.
- Men’s games—Student seating for men’s games is located in sections 113–114 and 128–129. Overflow seating in 323–327A if necessary.
- Women’s games—Seating for women’s games is located in sections 128 and 129 and overflow seating in 323–327A if necessary.
- Sitting together/group seating—To sit together, students should arrive at the arena together. Seats may not be held for late arrivals.
Arena Access on Gameday
To gain access to the arena on game days, bring your VolCard and electronic ticket. Electronic tickets may be saved to your Apple Wallet or Google Pay wallet. Your VolCard and electronic tickets are checked at the doors.
Student Ticket Accounts
Students have secure personal accounts in the student ticket portal from which to manage their account information, track their attendance history, view their loyalty point total, and activate their VolCard for a basketball game.
- Log in to Big Orange Tix — Students will log in to the student ticket portal using their Net ID and password. You will verify your identity using Duo Two-Factor Authentication. Learn more about Two-Factor Authentication on OIT’s website.
- Email opt-out — By registering for tickets, students consent to receive emails related to their ticket requests. Students can opt-out of receiving additional emails regarding athletics events by checking the “disable emails” button under their student status information on the student information page of the online student ticket system. Students will then receive only emails related to their ticket requests.
- Reminder emails — Students can choose to receive an automatic email reminder at the beginning of each ticket request period by checking the “reminder email” button under their student status information on the student information page of the online student ticket system.
In seasons past, we have had problems with students activating their VolCard for basketball games and not deactivating them if they chose not to attend the game. This keeps students who would like to go to games from being able to activate their cards because the system views the game as sold out. The following policy will apply to basketball games:
Failing to attend three games without deactivating your VolCard will result in revocation of basketball attendance privileges for the remainder of the season.
- Deactivating your card is easy—all you need to do is log in at the online ticket system and click on the cancellation tab on the left-hand side of the page. Select the game you will not be attending and cancel your activation.
- You are able to deactivate your card until tip-off.
- You must have your VolCard scanned at the student gate by halftime to verify attendance.
- You will get a reminder email after two no-shows to help you avoid a third occurrence.
- All other procedures and policies regarding basketball tickets remain the same.
We are implementing this policy to allow more students the opportunity to attend games, not to punish students. We hope that everyone will comply with the policy so that no one will have privileges revoked, and everyone who wishes to attend games will have the opportunity to do so.
Please help us spread the word to the student body. If you have any questions regarding the policy, please contact us at email@example.com or 865-974-8587.
If you determine that you will be unable to attend the game after you claim your ticket, you must log back into the student ticket portal and cancel your ticket. Simply log in to student ticket portal, navigate to the cancellations option in the menu, and select the game you want to cancel.
Student tickets are not transferable. To gain access to the arena on game days, bring your VolCard and electronic ticket. Electronic tickets may be saved to your Apple Wallet or Google Pay wallet. VolCards and electronic tickets are checked at the doors.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Allowing someone else to use your VolCard or electronic ticket, or using someone else’s VolCard or electronic ticket, is a violation of the student standards of conduct and will result in student disciplinary action up to and including expulsion from the university.
NOTE: These policies and procedures are current as of November 15, 2022. Policies and procedures are still being developed and are subject to change without notice.
No loyalty points are awarded for attending home basketball games.
Student guest tickets are not available for home basketball games.