We provide opportunities where students exemplify the Volunteer Spirit, inspiring others to learn, lead, and serve.
In 2021, the Division of Student Life developed a new strategic plan, providing a framework to create a climate where learning, belonging, engagement, inclusivity, and care can thrive. The strategic plan leads our work and directs our focus, our resources, and our decisions. The plan defines our role and the impact we have on the Volunteer experience.
PRIORITY 1: TRANSFORMATIVE EXPERIENCES
- Provide opportunities for students to develop a sense of self by understanding their individual strengths, values, and goals, and expanding their leadership capacity.
- Empower students to connect with the broader community through civic engagement.
- Enhance the overall campus experience by providing services and programs specific to the needs of graduate students.
- Students will be able to articulate how their strengths align with personal and/or professional goals.
Humanitarianism and Civic Engagement
- Students will be able to civically engage in service projects.
PRIORITY 2: CULTURE OF INCLUSIVITY AND CARE
- Cultivate inclusive education, programming, services, and training across the Division of Student Life.
- Develop and implement division-wide care and support initiatives that foster success and wellbeing.
- Students will develop awareness of identity as it relates to self and others.
- Students will identify resources related to care, support and wellbeing.
Cognitive Complexity and Practical Competence
- Students will develop practical skills including inclusive language, interpersonal skills, and dialogue strategies.
- Students will apply knowledge through engagement with care and support services.
Intrapersonal Development and Interpersonal Competence
- Students will develop awareness and appreciation for intersections of identities of self and others.
PRIORITY 3: PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL GROWTH
- Advance personal and professional growth of students and/or staff through exploration and innovation.
Knowledge Acquisition and Intrapersonal Development
- Student employees will engage in opportunities that maximize professional skillsets and/or create professional communities.
- Student employees will further develop their personal and professional identity.
- Student employees will increase their knowledge/skills associated with professional acumen.
PRIORITY 4: RESPONSIBLE AND EFFECTIVE STEWARDSHIP
- Responsibly and creatively steward University resources to maximize the student experience and subsequent student learning.
- Empower and sustain a culture of collaboration, adaptability, and innovation to maximize the student experience and subsequent student learning.