Center for Student Engagement
Number of Vacancies: 1
Department Website: go.utk.edu
Department Mission Statement: The Center for Student Engagement fosters campus community through programs, resources, and involvement opportunities that advance student learning and prepares students for success in the global community.
- The Center for Student Engagement coordinates up to four annually renewable graduate assistantships. Position is available for up to two years. The experience will give students full exposure and involvement in all areas of programming and student activities at the University of Tennessee. Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s Degree at the time of employment and must be in or be able to matriculate into a graduate program at the University of Tennessee.
- Applicants must have demonstrated successful and significant involvement in comparable leadership experiences. Prior experience assisting with concerts or other major events is preferred.
- Candidates should possess the maturity, leadership and personal qualities that will promote success in the profession.
- Applicants must be able to relate well to people in a college environment, possess an impeccable work ethic, have a positive attitude, be organized and have excellent communication skills, and maintain appropriate professionalism with students.
- Position will report to the Coordinator for Student Programming
- Position involves frequent work in the evenings and weekends.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Position will advise the Entertainment Committee of the Campus Events Board, the major student activities programming organization at The University of Tennessee. This programming typically involves late-night and weekend programming, comedians, hypnotists, and concerts. The largest responsibility is overseeing the planning of Volapalooza, UT’s large end-of-the-year concert festival at World’s Fair Park. There are approximately 50-60 students on the Entertainment Committee at a given time.
- Position will be responsible for assisting students in the planning, production, and evaluation of programs.
- Position will be responsible for the sound management of a Student Programs and Services Fee (SPSF) budget account and fulfilling contractual/rider requirements for all performers.
- Position will assist with planning Welcome Week events, presenting during Summer Orientation and to First Year Studies classes to educate students on upcoming program opportunities, and other duties as assigned.
- Position will be responsible for advising student leaders on coordinating weekly meetings (1-on-1’s, executive board, Vola Auxillary Board, and general body), maintaining and motivating members, and coordinating advertising and publicity efforts for various events planned throughout the year.
- Position will be responsible for attending and assisting with planning Campus Events Board retreats for both CEB leadership and Entertainment members.
- Position will serve as part of the Center for Student Engagement team by assisting at various “all-hands-on-deck” events, such as Homecoming.
- Tuition Waiver plus $1,300/month stipend
- Health Insurance
- 20 Hours per week; 12-month Appointment at-will