Number of Vacancies: 2
Department Website: multicultural.utk.edu
Department Mission Statement: Multicultural Student Life contributes to an inclusive learning environment by enhancing institutional efforts in retaining and graduating students prepared for a diverse global society. We promote academic success, equality, and leadership development of students through programs and services that holistically address cultural, educational, and civic growth.
- Excellent oral, interpersonal, group, and written communication skills; ability to manage multiple assignments
- Experience working with diverse student organizations in a programmatic, leadership or advisory role; Commitment to the educational and personal development of students
- Ability to work flexible hours including occasional evenings and weekends
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Assist in departmental programmatic efforts related to but not limited to: cultural and diversity education and/or the first-year student experience.
- Assist in the coordination of student leadership development and training workshops with the opportunity to co-instruct courses specific to the engagement, retention, and success of underrepresented student populations.
- Work closely with multiple student organizations and aid in the recruitment, selection, evaluation, and training process.
- Strategically market Multicultural Student Life programs and services through websites and social media, as well as, to incoming students and parents by participation in admissions recruiting events.
- Support departmental staff programs and events.
- Represent Multicultural Student Life by attending University-related meetings and events.
- Perform other related duties and tasks requested by the Director and/or Assistant Directors.
- $1,325.00 per month stipend
- Full tuition waiver (including out-of-state tuition)
- Free Health Insurance while enrolled in class
- 20 hours a week, 12-month at-will appointment
- Position involves occasional night (after 5 pm on weekdays) and some weekend work.
- Preferred early June 2019 start date