Department of University Housing
Number of Vacancies: 1
Department Website: housing.utk.edu
Separate application: housing.utk.edu/graduate-assistantships/
Department Mission Statement: Our mission is to foster positive, student-centered residential communities supporting the academic mission of the university. We provide a defining experience for students through programs and amenities that facilitate individual learning and development. University Housing’s value and services enhance the overall university student experience.
- Previous residence hall living experience, or other student affairs leadership experience.
- The GA should be admitted into and be making positive progress toward a graduate or professional program at the University of Tennessee and enrolled in no more than 12 credit hours.
- Graduate students are not permitted to be placed as GAs if student teaching and/or co-ops/internships require a staff member to be off-site for more than 2 days/4 half-days/or 16 hours a week during regular business hours (Monday through Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm).
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Actively advise both the URHC and NRHH Executive Boards by providing support, serving as a resource, and facilitating developmental opportunities
- Attend weekly URHC Executive Board meeting, NRHH Executive Board meeting, and bi-weekly general body meetings.
- Provide Executive Members with programming and budgetary advice.
- Hold weekly one-on-one meetings with the URHC president. Schedule one-on-one meetings with other executive members bi-weekly.
- Oversee fundraising efforts.
- Attend and serve as delegation advisor during the annual housing conferences: TARH, SAACURH, No Frills, and NACURH. This includes assisting with the conference delegation selection and attending regular delegation meetings.
- Serve as a resource to Hall Association Advisors.
- Schedule and maintain at least 10 office hours per week.
- Works in cooperation with other Head Staff to provide 24-hour on-call Area Coverage and is available to work in halls that remain open during university breaks.
- Plan and coordinate semesterly Executive Board planning sessions/strategic planning retreat.
- Assist Executive Member in planning and implementation of regular campus-wide programming.
- Coordinate the planning and organization of the URHC Welcome Week events.
- Organize the fall semester Hall Officer Training.
- Work with the URHC/NRHH Treasurer to oversee the accounts. This includes processing reimbursement and advanced fund requests, as well as reconciliations. Complete an accurate budgetary record that will be kept for all expenditures.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with the Student Organizations Business Office.
- Keep an updated budget on SharePoint at all times.
- Send weekly URHC/NRHH updates to the residence life staff.
- Attend monthly joint staff meetings.
- Actively attend and participate in departmental committees as required.
- Complete weekly one-on-one meetings with Assistant Director.
- Assist in Hall Staff training.
- $1,325.00 per month stipend
- • Full tuition waiver (including out-of-state tuition)
- • On-campus housing and meal plan are provided. This is a live-on/live-in position, living on campus in provided housing is required.
- • Tuition is waived and graduate student health insurance is provided as part of your Graduate Assistantship.
- 20-30 hours a week, 9-month at-will appointment
- Position involves night (after 5pm on weekdays) and weekend work.
- Start date at the end of July 2019