Number of Vacancies: 1
Department Website: https://studentconduct.utk.edu/
Department Mission Statement: The Office of Student Conduct & Community Standards develops student integrity and accountability through an educational, consistent, and equitable conduct process.
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degree at the time of employment and must be in or able to matriculate into a graduate program at the University of Tennessee.
- Candidates must be able to relate well to people in a college environment, possess an impeccable work ethic, have a positive attitude, motivated, possess the ability to develop programs, be organized, have excellent communication skills, ability to work in a collaborative environment, and maintain appropriate professionalism with students.
- Candidates should possess the maturity, leadership, and personal qualities that will provide support for students and confidentiality regarding student records.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Investigate and adjudicate minor alleged violations of the Code of Conduct
- Assist in the investigation of major alleged violations of the Code of Conduct
- Provide support and resources for students going through the Student Conduct Process
- Facilitate educational sanctions for students who have been found responsible for violating the Code of Conduct
- Assist in the compilation of and presentation of Student Conduct data
- Assist in the planning and implementation of Student Conduct trainings for faculty, staff, and students
- Assist in the marketing of trainings and events for the office
- Participate in department initiatives, serve on Committees, and initiate programming and additional responsibilities as needed
- Facilitate probation sessions and developmental meetings
- $1,325 per month stipend
- Full tuition waiver (including out-of-state tuition)
- Free Student Health Insurance while enrolled in class
- 20 hours/week. 12 month, at-will appointment
- Position involves occasional night (after 5 pm on weekends) and weekend work.
- Preferred early July start date