(formerly Educational Advancement Program)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Department Website: eap.utk.edu
Department Mission Statement: Student Support Services (SSS) is a federally funded TRIO program committed to the success of first-generation, low-income, and/or scholars with disabilities. Our mission is to support and empower our participants to succeed from orientation to graduation.
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree at the time of employment and must be able to matriculate into a graduate program at the University of Tennessee.
- A successful candidate will be able to work well in a team-oriented environment, possess strong work ethic, have a positive attitude, be motivated, and possess the ability to maintain appropriate professionalism with students.
- Applicants with a background similar to that of project participants highly desirable (first generation, low-income, and/or student with a disability).
- Must possess a high level of cultural competency and experience/interest in working with the project’s participants (first generation, low-income, and/or students with a disability).
- Exceptional organization and planning skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation and outreach skills.
- High level of initiative and motivation.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Assist in the recruitment, selection, and intake of new SSS participants, including during summer orientation, outreach to campus partners, etc.
- Provide direct services (one-on-one and group) to SSS participants supporting their academic progress, retention, and ultimately graduation.
- Maintain accurate and complete documentation of services, contacts, and activities in SSS student tracking database.
- Serve in an advisory capacity for the SSS Student Leadership Council (SLC).
- Assist in the recruitment, selection, and training of SLC members.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of SSS programs, services, and workshops, including Path to Achieving Student Success workshops and the SSS Research Institute.
- Manage social media outlets to advertise SSS events and services, as well as to connect the SSS community to campus events and services.
- Assist with the development of SSS newsletter, flyers, and website content.
- Assist project staff in the development and implementation of new activities and services to promote participants’ continuing engagement in the project.
- Other duties and assignments as required to support the development and implementation of the project.
- $1,275.00 per month stipend
- Full tuition waiver (including out-of-state tuition)
- Free Health Insurance while enrolled in class
- 20 hours a week, 12-month at-will appointment
- Position involves occasional night (after 5pm on weekdays) and some weekend work.