Number of Vacancies: 1
Department Website: leadserve.utk.edu
Department Mission Statement: The mission of the Jones Center for Leadership and Service is to educate and engage all students to lead and serve the global community.
Jones Center Ambassadors
- JCAs are a group of leadership and service educators dedicated to serving the campus and community as a resource group to connect fellow students to leadership and service experiences. They present programs, plan and facilitate service experiences, and strive to serve community needs through education, service & reflection.
- Advise the recruitment, selection, training, and development of the JCAs, including coordinating and attending weekly meetings, events, and service opportunities
- Co-instruct one section of ELPS 350, JCA training course
- Assist the JCAs in the development of leadership and service presentations/workshops to be presented across campus and in the Knoxville community and attend programs and provide feedback as needed
- Coordinate the scheduling and assignment of all JCA programs and service opportunities
- Oversee all JCA resource development and online tools and databases
- Oversee JCA marketing and public relations to the campus and community and initiate contacts to develop programs and service experiences
- Coordinate all assessment associated with the JCA program
- Oversee the recruitment, selection & training of the JCA Student Director
- Co-supervise the Student Director
Days of Service and Community Partners
- Advise all monthly student service experiences known at VOLServe, including communicating with service sites, recruiting participants and training leaders on facilitating participant learning and reflection
- Serve on a committee to organize and implement the largest service event of the year in honor of MLK Jr.
- Facilitate communication (in person and via email) with local Community Partners to ensure the missions of both the CLS and their agencies are being fulfilled
- Have the option of attending a VOLbreaks Alternative Break experience as a learning partner.
- Have the option of serving as an Ignite Facilitator.
- Assist in developing and managing budgets for specific programs.
- Assist with program and student assessment and evaluation.
- Explore new programming initiatives in the areas of leadership & service.
- Work collaboratively with other campus entities to provide educational opportunities for students.
- Assist with JCLS programs, courses, and student recruitment
- Present programs for student groups and community agencies as needed.
- Assist with the university, divisional, and community events as a representative of JCLS.
- Assist with staffing and supervision of space and students in the Jones Center for Leadership & Service.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Enrolled in graduate school at the University of Tennessee. Preference is given to students pursuing a career in higher education/student affairs.
- A commitment to the educational development of undergraduate students.
- Evidence of strong communication, collaboration, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and a desire to work in a team environment.
- A demonstrated commitment to community service, leadership development, service-learning, assessment, and student needs/programming.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently on assigned projects.
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times, including appropriate attire, maintaining office hours, and professional conduct with staff and students.
- Strong background in student involvement, leadership development, and/or service initiatives at the undergraduate level preferred.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the core values of the Jones Center for Leadership & Service including civility, honesty, community, integrity, compassion, inclusion, diligence, justice, learning, service, respect, support, and involvement.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the JCLS mission which is to educate and engage all students to lead and serve the global community.
- Remuneration will include: a stipend of $15,900 per year ($1,325 per month), a full tuition waiver for each semester employed, and graduate student health insurance
- The appointment will officially begin in summer 2021 and is a 12-month appointment. The position involves 20 hours of work per week.