Be You. Bear the Torch.
Each of us has a unique story that we bring to Rocky Top. Being a Volunteer means stepping forward and having the courage to act. We must put actions behind our words and ensure that everyone feels like they matter and belong on Rocky Top.
Vol is a Verb is an invitation to a conversation. It is a collective call to action to work together as a campus community to help make our campus a place where everyone belongs. The Volunteer experience should be accessible to everyone. Every single one of us has a story to tell, and every one of our stories is important.
At a series of student success summits led in collaboration with the divisions of Student Life and Academic Affairs, faculty, staff, administrators, and students joined forces to develop new student success initiatives. Efforts include academic case management, streamlining the first-year experience, mattering and belonging, HOPE recovery and retention projects, and enhanced faculty/staff relationships. As a result, cultivating a sense of mattering & belonging developed into a campus-wide initiative, with the goal of enhancing perceptions of belonging.
Vol is a Verb is a campus-wide campaign designed to support the Mattering & Belonging initiative, encouraging Volunteers to put actions behind our words to ensure that everyone feels like they matter and belong on Rocky Top.
How You Can Get Involved
- Host events/programs that support a sense of mattering and belonging, celebrating the individual stories and successes that each of us brings to our community.
- Develop conversation starters to encourage dialogue.
- Encourage other Volunteers to attend Vol is a Verb events and initiatives.
- Encourage and share content that celebrates the unique stories of our community using the hashtag #VOLisaVerb
- Update digital displays in your areas to promote Vol is a Verb.
- Share or retweet posts that use the hashtag #VOLisaVerb
Download Logo Kit