Be You. Bear the Torch.
Vol is a Verb is a campus-wide initiative designed to support mattering and belonging on our campus, encouraging Volunteers to put actions behind our words to ensure that everyone feels like they matter and belong on Rocky Top.
Vol is a Verb is an invitation to a conversation and a collective call to action to work together as a campus community to help make UT a place where everyone belongs. The Volunteer experience should be accessible to everyone.
Each of us has a unique story that we bring to Rocky Top and each of our stories is important. Being a Volunteer means stepping forward and having the courage to act, as we must put actions behind our words and ensure that everyone feels like they matter and belong on Rocky Top.
Upcoming Vol is a Verb Programs
More Ways to Get Involved
- Host events/programs that support a sense of mattering and belonging, celebrating the individual stories and successes that each of us brings to our community.
- Develop conversation starters to encourage dialogue.
- Encourage other Volunteers to attend Vol is a Verb events and initiatives.
- Encourage and share content that celebrates the unique stories of our community using the hashtag #VOLisaVerb
- Update digital displays in your areas to promote Vol is a Verb.
- Share or retweet posts that use the hashtag #VOLisaVerb
Vol is a Verb logo
To use the Vol is a Verb logo, contact Student Life Communications at email@example.com.