Skip to content Skip to main navigation Report an accessibility issue

Reporting Student Concerns

The University of Tennessee, Knoxville offers a wealth of resources to support students facing challenges, providing a streamlined avenue for connecting with offices dedicated to addressing various concerns.

By accessing the Central Reporting page, students, faculty, staff, and others can easily submit the necessary reports tailored to the specific office they require assistance from. For those unsure of where to begin, the Office of the Dean of Students is a valuable starting point, ensuring individuals are seamlessly connected with the pertinent offices and departments.

If you or someone near you is in immediate danger or experiencing a life-threatening emergency, dial 911. Students experiencing distress should dial 974-HELP.


Students can refer themselves if they are experiencing symptoms of distress or a fellow Vol. Faculty and staff can refer students who may be exhibiting concerning behavior. Care coordinators will reach out to the impacted student within 1 business day.
Submit a 974-HELP Referral


Hazing is any activity expected or perceived as expected of someone joining or participating in a group that humiliates, degrades, abuses, or endangers them regardless of a person’s willingness to participate. Learn more about hazing.
Report Hazing

Basic Needs

Our team provides one-on-one consultations with students as they navigate basic needs insecurity challenges. During these consultations, students work closely with a member of our team to access and utilize both campus and community resources. Our goal is to set up each student for long-term basic needs security by empowering them with the necessary support and tools to thrive.
Request a Basic Needs Consultation

Mandatory Reports

Mandatory reporters are required to report information about known or suspected prohibited conduct such as sexual harassment, sexual assault, relationship violence, or stalking to the Office of Title IX. Learn more about Mandatory Reporter obligations.
Make a Mandatory Title IX Report

Campus Climate Concerns

Campus climate concerns are any action or incident, either intentional or unintentional, that may discriminate against, stereotype, exclude, or harm anyone in our community. Concerns may stem from fear, misunderstanding, hatred, or bias, and may affect one’s ability to learn and thrive on campus. Learn more about campus climate.
Submit a Campus Climate Concern

Title IX Reports

Students can refer themselves or a friend for Title IX related resources for prohibited conduct such as sexual harassment, sexual assault, relationship violence, or stalking. To make a referral, complete the online mandatory reporter form, call the office 865-974-9600, or email the Office of Title IX at
Get Title IX Help for You or a Friend

Injury on Campus Reporting Form

If you have been injured on campus, or observed a health or safety concern on campus, these should be reported to Public Safety.
Report a Campus Injury

Academic Misconduct

Examples of academic misconduct include cheating, plagiarism, unauthorized use, and the like. Submitting this form initiates the student conduct process, outlined in the Student Code of Conduct. Supporting documentation (syllabus, screenshots, recordings, etc.) should also be included in the form submission.
Report Academic Misconduct

Non-Academic Misconduct

Report alleged non-academic violations of the Student Code of Conduct. Submitting this form initiates the student conduct process, which is outlined in the Student Code of Conduct.
Report Non-Academic Misconduct or a Disciplinary Incident

Not sure where to start?

Contact the Office of the Dean of Students.
Share General Concerns

383 Student Union
1502 Volunteer Blvd.
Knoxville, TN 37996
8 a.m. – 5 p.m.