The mission of the Center for Care & Resilience (CCR) is to partner with students in need of support, guidance, or other intervention and connect them with the resources they need to be successful. Students, faculty, staff, visitors, family, and/or other community members, can identify and request support for students in need.
The CCR provides strengths-based, inclusive, holistic support, consultation, and education to members of the UT community. CCR works to promote individual students’ well-being and success and encourages wellness and personal safety.
- Identify and assist students who are experiencing distress or concerning behavior
- Promote mattering and belonging, and foster self-efficacy
- Identify and explore options to address student challenges and/or concerning behavior
- Educate students about campus and community resources, and help facilitate connections to resources
- Address barriers to student learning and development
- Help the UT community build capacity to support student needs
Students who engage with the CCR will:
- Develop awareness of campus and community resources able to support their needs and how to access those resources
- Understand basic concepts of self-care, coping strategies, wellness and how to implement
- Identify their individual strengths and how to tap into their strengths to enhance resilience, self-efficacy, and self-advocacy skills
- Understand how to get other students who may need care connected to resources