At the Center for Care & Resilience, we assist students who are experiencing distress in their lives. By connecting students to university and community resources, we develop a plan with the student that supports self-advocacy, growth, and a return to a level of functioning most likely to promote success.
Overview of Services
Each student who interacts with the CCR requires different services and resources. The center staff adjusts services based on the support the student needs. That may include:
- Consulting with faculty/staff about students in distress
- Providing basic mental health support to students
- Supporting student recovery during times of illness or injury
- Supporting students experiencing food/housing insecurity or financial distress
- Work with students to solve problems and develop self-efficacy
- Provide presentations to staff, faculty, and student organizations about our services or other relevant mental health or wellness topics
- Provide training and internship opportunities to UT undergraduate and graduate student
Care coordination is free to any currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate student. Students can contact us directly, without a referral. Parents, staff, and faculty can refer a student, or call and consult with a care coordinator about a student of concern.