The Global Citizens program provides the opportunity to participate in an international education program designed specifically for you, regardless of financial capacity.
By participating in the Global Citizens program, you will:
- experience career readiness and marketability
- understand identities and cultures other than your own
- gain a broader perspective of the world
- make lifelong friends
- enhance your networks
Applications will open February 5, 2024 and close March 15, 2024.
How the Global Citizens Program works
Each Global Citizens cohort will identify a country of interest and study the selected country’s culture, politics, cuisine, and religious beliefs. At the end of the semester, your cohort will visit the selected country and participate in various cultural experiences.
You will develop a fundamental understanding of the historical framework of the partnering country. This includes topics of education, health care, environment, customs and culture, and political structure, among others. This global context will enhance your interactions with diverse individuals at UT and abroad.
32 weeks on-campus
- 1.5 hour class meetings
- 1x per week
- Fall and spring semesters
2 weeks on-site
- Takes place between May–July
- Contingent on host institution schedules and global factors
$500 total student contribution
- $250 due at the start of the fall semester
- $250 due at the start of the spring semester