Over the past few weeks, residents of Turkey and Syria have been recovering from the impact of a significant earthquake that has resulted in massive losses for that region of the world. We know that there are many of you feeling the impact of this as well, whether it is your home country, or you have other connections to these affected communities.
Our teams in the Center for Global Engagement, the Office of the Dean of Students, and colleagues throughout the Division of Student Life, are ready to offer you care and support as we are certain for many of you your attention will be elsewhere in the coming days and weeks. Know that offices like ours and those listed below are deeply committed to what you may be feeling right now, and the anxiety caused by being away from your home, family, or friends.
- Care and Resilience at 865-974-HELP
- Center for Global Engagement at 865-974-3177
- Dean of Students at 865-974-3179
- Employee Assistance Program at 855-437-3486
- Graduate School at 865-974-2475
- Student Counseling Center at 865-974-2196
Byron Hughes, Ph.D.
Assistant Vice Chancellor and Dean of Students
Gretchen Neisler, Ph.D.
Vice Provost for International Affairs