The Professional Fellowship program provides full-time Student Life staff with the opportunity to gain professional experience in a different department or functional area in Student Life.
As a result of this experience, we hope that you will:
- expand your knowledge in a new unit, by supporting programs and/or initiatives, conducting research/assessment, and/or contributing to meetings and collaborative efforts important to you and to the host department.
- fill potential gaps in your resume to assist in the development of your professional path.
- You must be a full-time employee (minimum of 1 year by the start of the fellowship). A Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but it is not required.
- Ability to dedicate 4-6 hours per week. Hours depend on your goals and objectives and the mentor’s ability to host the staff member. If you approved, you will have release time from your primary role to fulfill this time expectation.
- A current resume.
- Prior to applying, you must have the approval of your department director/head and Associate/Assistant Vice Chancellor.
- Identify a mentor in the department/unit that you are interested in completing your fellowship. You must have the approval of a department mentor and mentor’s department director (if separate people) before submitting an application. If you are unsure of who to approach to serve as a mentor, please ask your immediate supervisor/director/AVC for advice – they will be great resources in this process.
- The fellowship must be consistent with your demonstrated interest and professional goals. Your career plans and goals must fall within the scope of administration in higher education.
|Fellowship Begin Date:||Application Due Date:|
|August 2021 (fall)||Wednesday, August 4|
Additional fellowships will be awarded in future semesters and the application will reflect those dates in the future.
Questions? Contact Jill Zambito at email@example.com